Review and critique a short film production
Review and discuss own choice of:
- British film productions
- World film productions
1) Include film detail at the top
Film Title, Director, Country, Year.
e.g. – Amy, Azif Kapadia, UK, 2015
2) Story outline (1 or 2 sentence summary)
Maybe describe the genre (if fiction film), or style (if documentary).
– what is the film trying to say/explore? thematic content that resonates with issues such as history, race, gender, sexuality, class, or the environment
3) What filming techniques are used?
– Feature Film – cinamatography, actors, use of sound, editing style, narrative structure, visual style.
– Documentary – hand held camera / face to camera interviews / re-enactments / experts / real life people /what locations are used/ editing style / narrative structure .
4) and what effect do these give? how do they make you feel?
5) Who is the film aimed at (audience) and does the film work for the target audience – would you recommend it?
Watch films in the CINEMA if you can – Watershed show lots of British and World features
Focus on your area of interest e.g cinematography if your interest is in camera
Have an opinion – what you like/ don’t like and why
Read some previous reviews from the fab archive – look at reviews online
Listen to Mark Kermode & Simon Mayo podcast! It will change your life.